- Be the master of strategy with Othello
- This classic game of strategy takes a minute to learn, a lifetime to master
- It's simple enough for children yet challenging for adults
- Great fun for the entire family
- The lead can change with a flip of a disk in this classic fast paced strategy game
Othello is the internationally acclaimed two player strategy game that takes a minute to learn and a lifetime to master! Othello is an abstract, two-player strategy game played on an 8X8, 64-square board. 64 discs are used, one side being completely white in color, the other side being completely black.
Black plays first and places a checker, black side uppermost, on any square on the board such that he/she 'sandwiches' at least one of his / her opponents pieces between the checker he / she just placed and any other of his / her colour already on the board. Play continues alternately...First black, then white.
The object is to outflank your opponent by having your colour disks on both ends of a row of your opponent's disks. When you do this, you flip your opponent's disks to your colour! But be-careful--your opponent may then outflank you and turn all the disks back to his / her colour! The strategic possibilities are endless!